Tuesday, January 04, 2005

LA Angels of Anaheim? BCS? Damn Yankees

So, we now have the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? Dude...WTF? Seriously, why this crappy name change? I don't get it nor do I care to get it.

Alex Smith to the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Mark Brunell coming out of Washington. He needs to put himself in the 225 to 230 LB range for his size to take on the beating of an NFL QB. His arm is not the strongest, but I predict a Round 3-6 pickup. Rounds 3 and 4 will be a team desperate for a #2 QB, rounds 5 and 6 for a team looking to nurture him into a system. If he goes any higher, I am afraid he won't live up the pressure of a round 1 or 2 draft pick. At least not for 4+ years.

The BCS. Having Utah destroy Pitt is a black eye to the BCS in my opinion. Pitt won the Big East making them an automatic bid to a BCS bowl. Thankfully, Louisville it going to the Big East, they may actually compete next year.

The Yankees. Man, this team I love to hate. Now with the Big Unit on his way to the Bronx, we can expect another disappointing ALCS finish this upcoming year. At least, that would be my dream. The last time they won the World Series, their payroll was down around the 90 million mark. Now, they are topping the 200 to 220 million mark. Give me a break!

January elections in Iraq. Powell had a slip on the Today show a week back. He mentioned June then quickly corrected himself to January. We all know this is not going to happen in January, so maybe June?

No comments: