Tuesday, February 22, 2005

In Full Swing

Pitchers and catchers reported last week, position players are reporting as I type. I am looking forward to this Mariners season. The M's have historically done very poor in the FA market. I hope with Beltre and Sexson that our luck has changed. These two players have youth on their side, which also has been uncommon in recent years for the M's.

Our bullpen pitching staff is now rich in lefties. We have always lacked a strong lefty setup man, so I hope that we can deliver here. Again, we have youth on our side for a majority of our bullpen pitchers. I am not a huge fan of Jeff Nelson, but I hope he has some success years still in him.

How will we finish? Well, I am going to give my pre-season prediction that the M's will finish just over .500 and probably in third place in the AL West. Putting the 99 loses from last year behind us and building to prosperous years ahead. We are at a transitioning point for the M's. All signs are looking up as we build for a run of AL West domination.

No comments: