Thursday, March 17, 2005

I am taking today and tomorrow off

How many of you have said that about the first 2 days of March Madness? I say it every year, usually on the Wednesday before the madness. Next year, I think I am going to try to stick to that pledge; SLC is hosting rounds 1 and 2. I hope to get tickets; I have never attended March Madness. I would love first hand knowledge of these games. I am going to lunch with some co-workers today, I am not sure I will be returning to work.

On a different note, I was listening to the Dan Patrick show on Monday. He had a caller, "John", a self proclaimed black Division 1 ex-basketball player for a school in Arkansas. Would that be the University of Arkansas...but I digress. He was making a point, a weak one of that, how America is out to head hunt the black athlete. He was attempting to say that the reason people want an asterisks next to Bonds in the record book is because he is black. Not because he is under investigation for steroid use. Give me a break! I am amazed at home people can take any issue that involves people of a race other than white, and say it is a race issue. In some cases, I am sure it is justified, but in this case I would say it is not. For the record, Bonds is not the only player in MLB to be under investigation. I will say Bonds is getting the most attention, in large part, he is about to break the biggest baseball record. Not because he is black.

No comments: