Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Fireworks

July 4th has come and gone. To celebrate this holiday, my wife and I, and a few guests, blew a small part of our driveway to show our appreciation of our freedom. I am not sure how the neighbors liked it but it was short lived. Hell, what is one day a year to place totally destruction and scarring upon ones cement driveway. We also went to Kelly Clarkson concert on July 2nd at a local stadium. I know I will catch a lot of flack from my 2 readers on this one.

I see that GW was again giving reference to 9/11 in a speech he delivered last week. Do I need to review the facts? He might be using this towards a defense on why the 10K or so troops are in Afghanistan. However, I think he still tries to use this “link” to justify the 130K troops in Iraq. We will never truly know. The 5 years that GW has been in power, will take 10 years, if not more, to repair the worldly damage that has been done.

Sandra Day and Rehnquist have me a bit concerned. I hope that GW looks at the best interests of our country and its future. Looking at his track records, his best and his parties best interested will be maintained. We need to change our mentality in the White House, what may be good for the goose, is not always good for the gander.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Flack. I don't think I need to say anything more... No, can't stop there: Whens Britney coming to town?