Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Dells and other oddities

Well, I am back from sporadic vacation, with a few days of “work” thrown in. Let’s start at the beginning.

During the week of July 18th, I was in the Dells, Wisconsin. I should start on Saturday the 16th. We flew into Minneapolis to see my friends Ryan and Matt. Ryan I met at Edulog and Matt I have known since like the third grade. It was a nice visit that involved beer, bocce, and baby talk. Both Matt and Ryan have young ones, Matt’s is 5 months old and Ryan’s is almost 2 years. Both are very cute…the daughters are…I do find Matt or Ryan cute.

On Sunday we picked up my sister-in-law and her husband and drove 4+ hours to The Dells. We had to make a detour and hit the Leinenkugel brewery in Chippewa Falls, WI. Good beer!

The Dells were surprisingly fun. We went to the only Mega park, Mt Olympus and did the roller coaster Haites. We hit speeds of like 70 MPH, I think Lora kept her eyes closed through most of it, but I was proud of her for going. Mostly we just spent time with Lora’s father and Step mother and her family. We had a great time. We also saw Tony and Lisa, cousins of Lora that live in Clear Lake, WI. If you blink, you will miss the town.

This past weekend was spent back in the hometown of Missoula. Man, I miss this place. Everyone was so very friendly and the vibe of Missoula I have not yet found in SLC. We would love to move back, but housing in the Missoula Valley is somewhat crazy now. We have not lived in our SLC home long enough to gain enough equity to put towards something in Missoula. However, we will always keep our eyes open for opportunities. We spent our time with friends and family. Also enjoyed some great Bayern and Big Sky beirs.

No comments: