Monday, September 26, 2005

1 week left and other updates of random goodness

Baseball’s regular season has one more week of life left before “October Madness” begins. The M’s do not have a shot in hell of making it. It is my hope, and the hope of other M’s fans around the world, that .500 is a reasonable goal for next season.

The wild card races this year are very good. It could very well come down to the last game in both the NL and AL. I hope that October will offer those of us with a passion for our summer pastime, some fall excitement.

Fall is coming to the Wasatch front. Our highs are no better than 70’s. I guess time climb up on the roof and cover up the swamp cooler. This is not fun for someone who has a fear of heights. Our home is an English style Tudor offering a nice steep pitched roof. If I don’t post for awhile, you know where to find me, somewhere next to my house on the ground.

My wife and I just purchased a new Jeep Liberty Diesel. Our main goal of this was to get better gas mileage, emissions, and have the capabilities to tow 5000 pounds. For those of you know us, we have so many needs to tow 5000 pounds. So far, 400 miles, we are pretty excited about this purchase.

On a personal note, I recently turned down a job that would have returned my family and me to Montana. I was the hardest decision that I have had to make, in recent history. This could be a close second to that choice to hit a 5 Wood into the water at Catigny in Chicago, damn you Dick Tracy, but I digress. My wife and I put a lot of thought and deliberation into our choice to stay in SLC. Perhaps in a few years, our decision process will not be as labor intensive.

Come on Seachickens! After tomorrow, I will be 2-1 in Fantasy Football. I am a mediocre team and will most likely not make the playoffs. Yes, I know it is early.

In terms of Fantasy Baseball, I am fighting to stay in second place. Much like the regular season in the real MLB, our fantasy league has been very competitive this year. I guess, next year, vengence will be mine.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Liberty CRD? Sweet! I've been interested to hear more about these. Are you keeping accurate MPG data? I would like to hear the low down...