Wednesday, December 07, 2005

First major storm

Sunday, all the news programs said that “On Tuesday, we will be lucky if we get any moisture in the valleys.” To mimic Chandler, they could not BE more wrong. We estimated just over 4 inches at our house, and traffic was a crawl on the drive home. Of course, last week when we were to brace for 4+ inches, we barely received a dusting. For my 3 readers out there, you are well aware of how much I dislike shoveling wet snow. This time, Lora and I split time, it worked out nicely.

Baseball’s off-season is cooking as usual. Players are getting paid more than what I feel they deserve. This seems to be par for the course. Mariners are guilty of this. Sexon and Beltre did come from the NL, so I am willing to give this past year a free pass. However, I expect greater things from them come this coming season.

Have I mentioned how excited I am to return to Missoula for Christmas and the big game? I am so out of shape, I hurt my left knee getting out of bed the other morning. Walking the dog, I am out of breath…this could be a long game.