Thursday, December 22, 2005

Happy Festivus!

Well, officially Festivus is tomorrow. Does everyone have their pole up and decorated or do you just have a holiday tree? I am really looking forward to the airing of grievances time of year.

The Mariners have been fairly busy this off-season in regards to pitching. They are not going to re-sign Franklin and have made some FA signings that should help us out next season. Again, just wishing for a .500 season at this point. If they trade away Jeremy Reed, I will be very disappointed. He has been talked about going to Boston. Reed has that Griffey pre-injury quality, where he could be an everyday Centerfielder for us. Plus, he can hit about .300 every year, just lacks the power.

Tomorrow we leave for Missoula. I am not sure how much sleep I will get, but I am really excited. We are suppose to have a rain/snow mix the entire trip. I hope that is not true, but that could be better than dealing with icy and snow packed roads. Our dog is staying with my sister-in-law. I will miss Basil, however, my parents are old and they do not have a fenced yard. He normally does travel with us to Missoula, but not this time, our social calendar is very full.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 comment:

Bill said...

I leave in a couple hours. Hope to make it to the Tri-Cities or so tonight... What time are we meeting at the Iron Horse?