Monday, January 30, 2006

Storming….get off the court!

I was listening to sports talk over the weekend, and they brought up the current phenomena of college kids storming the court after, what appears to be, every win. I say every win, not just the upsets, but every win a home team can come up with.

I have four words for those fuck-nuts: GET OFF THE COURT! If your team wins the Final Four or Carroll College is able to upset Duke then sure, I can see it. I blame ESPN for encouraging this behavior. They show these “storms” every night on ESPN, or so I am told. To verify this, I was surfing this weekend, and stopped on an ESPN game as the game was ending. I don’t remember who was playing, but I saw the students run onto the court with their fingers aloft as “we are #1” as the camera's kept rolling.


I know that college students have a blurred viewpoint on life and any attempt for those 15 minutes or 30 seconds of fame, kids seem to jump at. I made the glaring mistake of watching some MTV this weekend was well. I am not sure how anyone else feels, but I am embarrassed for this generation of kids. Obviously, this is not how ALL 18-25 year olds act, but is a pretty good sample set. I sound old, I know. I am not perfect, but I would never volunteer to put myself on “The Gauntlet 2” and have the entire world laugh at me as I get pissed off that Beth took out Ruthie.

Maybe I am just jaded in general towards TV. On Sunday night, I like to watch some “Desperate Housewives”, followed by “Grey’s Anatomy”. ABC still has some reality TV but it appears that we are starting to get away from that trend. I think that “Extreme Home Makeover” is going the way of “Trading Spaces”. Their shows are the same. “Extreme Home Makeover” does help those that cannot help themselves, which is nice. But I can tell you what will be on next week. Does anyone remember the original Real World? Is it just me or do you agree that those people were “normal”, at least in appearance? Now, if a female weighs more that a buck 10 (including the fake boobs) and a male does not shave his chest shaved and have a six pack, you won’t get on these shows.

No comments: