Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Refs, enough already!

I am actually getting tired of Seachicken fans blaming the refs. I heard an "opinion" on ESPN Radio on the way to work today. They stated that Holmgren should "most definitely" be fined for his comments made Monday. I disagree with this on the fact that Porter was not fined. When it comes to the refs, you fine no one or everyone that complains. I am sure many folks want this looked at on a case-by-case basis.

What can the league office do to help with my idea? Review all games and fine officials for making obvious poor calls. The official that called Hasselbeck for the block below the waist on the tackle: Fine him 1K. Even fine them for when players change the ref's mind. I think refs make just over 100K for the season, I could be wrong, so I am not looking for the 10-30K that Holmgren will most likely be fined. I am not sure if this will help, but a ref will make a call based upon facts rather than what a defensive back tells him.

With that said:


No comments: