Thursday, March 30, 2006

Bonds

I was recently asked for my opinion on the Bonds situation. BAD.

This guy is an idiot. For those of you that have not heard, MLB is launching an investigation into steroid use, primarily Bonds. Advertisers and sponsors have said they will not support any type of "Bonds celebration" should he break the Babe's record and for sure Aaron's.

I hate to be a "guilty until proven guilty" sort of guy, but the stories/evidence is there. This man has stood before the press and accused them of ruining his life. Now, he is not entirely wrong here, however, if the steroid speculations turn to cold hard facts, he is the ass.

We had a vendor out from San Fran last week and I asked him how the bay area is reacting to this. He informed me that the majority of people say "as long as he hits HR's, no one cares". Not true baseball fans. I appreciate what this game offers from all aspects. But if someone has taken some of the cream or the clear to hit HR's, I would rather not go to a Giants game.

I am not saying I am a fan of investigations, but I am looking forward to "the clear"ing of this debate.

No comments: