Tuesday, April 18, 2006

So much for a lead in the 9th!

Apparently, "everyday Eddie" likes killing us. He gave up a walk-off 2-run HR in the bottom of the ninth. Needless to say, a few 4-letter words left my mouth.

They return home to face the Rangers, Tigers and White Sox. King Felix takes the mound tonight, looking for his first W of the season. I will have to attempt to catch some of this game on the radio.

I have been promoted at work. I am now the "team lead" of my team of hoodlums. For those that don't know what I do, here you go. My team and I support the Citrix environment for the U hospital which is about 15,000 employees, with 3,000 concurrent connections. (Yes, we use generic terminal accounts, it is very ugly). We also support the Softricity virtual application delivery environment for Citrix as well as for our desktop users. Also, AppSense is running on our Citrix servers to help maximize our user load. Over the next few months, we will be upgrading our Citrix environment to the latest version, PS 4.0 as well as migrating our Hospital users from GroupWise to Exchange. (We are pawning off email support to our lower campus brethren).

Now that I have bored you with the details, I have just been moved into an office. This is my first office ever, and it will take some getting use to. I prefer to be social, so I hope that will drive me to get out of my office from time to time and actually attempt to manage. I have debated about doing a "theme week". One week I will be Bill Lumbergh, carrying around a coffee mug and discuss TPS reports. We will see, still running that idea through my head. I also need to decorate my barren piece of drywall landscape. Maybe I will have my parents bring down all my old Steve Largent/Ken Griffey Jr/A-Rod posters...nah!

No comments: