Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Gas and the state of the Mariners

These two are not related, but those that read my blog and that know me, realize that not much in my mind is related.

We went to Gillette, WY for Memorial Day in the Jeep. On the way there, we got almost 28 MPG (27.6, we like to round up). On the way back, with a headwind, we were closer to 25. I was impressed. I still don't understand how the price of gas all works. In Wyoming, Diesel is cheaper than Unleaded in some places. We paid $2.80 in Gillette while here at home it is around $3.20. I am not complaining about the price of gasoline, I just find it weird how a different part of the nation is featured everyday as "having the cheapest gas." WTF am I suppose to do now? Drive to Dyersville, Iowa because Diesel is $2.79? Why do I care who has the cheapest gas in other parts of the nation...selfish bastard.

The M's appear to emerging from their 6 game losing streak by beating my pitcher. Why can't they win 1-0, instead of racking up 7 earned runs against him?

My office is no more decorated then it was when I first mentioned I need to decorate. Unless you count a Mariners calendar, the Mariners schedule and a UM lanyard.

Satellite radio rules in the middle of Wyoming. We have Sirius, which is overall, nice. XM has baseball. I am not paying for 2 monthly subscriptions. If it wasn't for Lora's Jeep having 1 year free, I don't think I would have pursued this route.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I've got some seriously sweet Cat decor I can send your way. I'll even pay the shipping...