Friday, June 30, 2006

Possesions update

For those of you curious, I thought I would update you on the Intel iMac and the Diesel Jeep Liberty. Let’s start with Jeep.

Early in June, Daimler Chrysler announced that the Diesel Liberty will no be produced starting with the 2007 line. They will continue to produce the 3.7L gas Liberty. Instead, they are putting a 3.0 L CRD (common rail diesel) into the Grand Cherokee. The Liberty was a 2.8 L CRD. Preliminary reports show a slight improvement in MPG over its gas counter part...slight. The diesel engine will be a Mercedes engine. The Liberty came with a VM Motori CRD motor, which is an Italian division on Detroit Diesel, a DaimlerChrysler company. I have come to be a fan of a CRD diesel engine. The Grand Cherokee is expected to hit showroom floors the first quarter of 2007.

The iMac: Way back when we purchased this beauty, I informed everyone it only comes with 512 MB of RAM. We, yesterday, finally purchased a 1 GB stick. Movies that took my wife hours and I mean like 6 hours to burn, happen now in less than 60 minutes. Having 1.5 GB of RAM has been a dream; I wish we would have done this way back when. However, purchase your Mac online, the RAM upgrade is a lot cheaper at time of purchase. I would recommend maxing out your RAM at time of purchase; it will save you money in the long run. Only buy in the store if they can match the online pricing for the upgrade.

No comments: