Thursday, August 31, 2006

Feels like Fall

Woohoo, post #152, what a great number.

It is a nice 74 degrees today in SLC, a perfect day for a walk around the block at work. Fall is very nice in SLC, generally can last into early November. I am sure this won't be the high for the day, but fall is in the air on this cloudless Thursday.

The M's lost the series final to the Angels. Going 7-2 in this home stand (did I mention the sweep of the Red Sox, sorry Montana1) is awesome after loosing 11 straight on the road. We did have some casualties this week. Mateo broke a bone in his hand and Soriano was beamed in the head from a ball off of the bat of Vlad Guerrero. Soriano has been a wonderful mid-relief/setup man for the M's in his young career. He did have Tommy John surgery 2 seasons ago, but was looking like his old self this season. To quote the M's webpage: "Soriano is 1-2 with a 2.25 ERA in 53 games and has flourished in his role as a setup pitcher for closer J.J. Putz."

My second fantasy football season draft is next Tuesday. This is my league. I am looking forward to it, but I feel that I did not learn as much as I should have from my first draft this season. The best part about live online drafts is the trash talking that takes place. The league has 10 members, all of which have been repeat customers for several years now. The talking does improve as strangers become Fantasy football friends over the years.

Saw Dave Matthews Band last night, it was very enjoyable. I am not a huge DMB fan, but the concert was fun. It was an outdoor concert; the weather was nice and cool, almost too cool at the end.

Looks like we have a Montana tripped planned for mid-September. It would be around a different Griz game, Sac State. I am not sure how I feel about a #3 ranking to start the season. I am skeptical, in large part because it appeared the team threw in the towel at the end of last season. Anyone going to watch the potentially injured riddled game against Iowa? On a bright note, our bye week is early this year to help us recover from playing a Big Ten powerhouse that always seems to get Top 25 notoriety.

Well, off to play my old co-workers in some basketball…the life of an IT guy.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Full articles in RSS feeds or bust!