Saturday, October 21, 2006

Note to Parents

Dear Parents who read my post. If you choose to purchase a portable DVD player for you and/or your children to watch when traveling by car or plane...here is a hint. BUY HEADPHONES AND A SPLITTER. For the second plane ride over the past 18 months, two small children watched a Disney movie that all the rows around them had the horrible pleasure of listening to. Even requested to turn the movie down, you can still hear the sounds affects and kid-friendly music.

You spend $100 or more on these devices, I am sure you can afford the extra $20 for some cheap headset and a splitter so both kids can listen. When I first asked the parents to turn it down, they looked at me as if I was the one invading their personal audio space.

The movie on our plane ride was "The Lake House". My favorite character was the professionally trained mutt. If you watch the first 10 minutes of the movie you will know how the movie ends. Of course, I was on a plane, what else was I going to watch. Oh yeah, I could have watched "The Lion King 4: Simba, The Pawfather".

No comments: