Friday, January 26, 2007

Beer of the week, part 2

Last night, my wife and I as well as a co-worker of my wife's went to the bayou. I decided to have a local cask brew first (Latter Day Stout), but after that I dived into a Spanish Peaks Black Dog.

Beer of the week part 2: Spanish Peaks Black Dog Ale. This is a classic Montana brew, but one that I have never reviewed so I thought I would give it a go. Black Dog has great color, leaning towards some deep red tones. The smell is a wonderful hoppy scent. The taste of this beer is different than the smell. The taste has a lot smooth malt flavors with a nice finish. I forgot how much I enjoyed this beer. Head retention was a bit weak, but overall, this beer is going to receive the MEARFT rating: Very drinkable.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Shame on you - your second installment of MEARFTBOTW is a Bozeman brew? Where's your pride?

Bill said...

Sensational! Spanish Peaks has gone through some changes since '96, but I still have good memories of pesto pizza and their Sweetwater Wheat. Yummm...