Sunday, February 25, 2007

The M's week in review

Some of the headlines on the Mariner website kill me. "Mariners expect more from Beltre". Seriously? This isn't a given? Of course we expect more from Beltre, we signed him to a huge contract the year after his NL MVP run. His numbers are not horrible, but the manner in which he came to Seattle, I had some high expectations.

I am sure Ichiro will start the season in the lead-off spot, he is probably one of the best lead-off hitters we have seen. I think we are going to have a "scrappy" offense this year. Betancourt and Lopez appear to be at the end of the lineup, which is actually a good thing. Don't be surprised if the our 7-9 hitters have higher than normal averages for players in that position. The middle of our defense is going to be great. With Ichiro officially taking over CF duties and Lopez and Betancourt playing 2nd and SS respectively, teams will have a tough time hitting to this section of the park.

Edgar is back in M's camp, this time to help Vidro hit the ball. Great, a DH that needs help from a past DH. I hope he learns from Edgar, we need consistency in this spot.

Pitching. I don't have much to say on this topic currently, I am holding back until I can see a few spring innings.

No comments: