Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What are we doing!?

For such a hot June, the team is now 8-8 with Mac at the helm. I am not blaming Mclaren, but since he has taken over, our bats have gone cold and our pitchers are giving up the long ball. Thankfully, the Angle are also losing.

A bigger concern is the Yankee's in the wild card race. They are starting their late summer push and that is always scary. The yanks have a fairly simple schedule the next 10 days while the M's are facing division foes and the Red Sox. Most of these games are at home, but I don't think that matters too much.

We do have tickets to see one game from each series. I am taking my parents to their first ever Safeco game this Sunday for "Turn back the clock day". Just for kicks, I will be wearing a Griffey jersey, since I do not have an Alvin Davis, Harold Reynolds, Mark Langston or even a Dave Henderson one to flaunt.

The M's have a "twilight" doublehead today in humid Arlington. We really need a day sweep to get of the losing track. Felix needs to mature a bit on the mound. Yes, the ump gave him a terrible call in Toronto, you have to admit, but what he needs to learn to do is bounce back and keep going after batters...I guess he is only 20.

No comments: