Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Disappointment and frustration

We will not make the playoffs. We needed to win this home series against the Angels to prove to ourselves that we are capable of beating a team of their caliber. I hate to say it, but we failed. I am greatly disappointed to come to the realization that the M's will miss the playoffs. This series was the first time in a long time, my stomach was in knots. I knew the pressures that we had to face. I don't think I have said so many 4 letters words when watching this team fall apart tonight and be shut down by a confident Angle ball club.

I missed all the good action tonight, turning on my TV to see 1 out in the bottom of the 1st and a 5-0 lead. I said at that point "That is not enough of a cushion." Sadly, the Angels proved me correct. The M's, historically, have never given me a reason to have confidence in a 5-0 1st inning lead. When this series is over, we will be 5 games out of first and tied with the Yanks for the WC.

I am not sure if the rest of you that saw this game had this same feeling. When Mike pulled Santana out in the 1st, I knew the momentum changed right there. It was eerie.

I would not be so concerned if it was not for the fact that the teams we face on this upcoming road trip are all over .500.

I hate to sound like the Brooklyn Dodgers, but...wait until next year...No fat ladies yet, but we are getting close. I do hope the M's can pull a rabbit out of their hats on this road trip and prove me wrong.

No comments: