Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Holidays (a bit late)

This is always an interesting time of year. We made a trek back to Montana for the Christmas holiday, it was very nice. Played in the 21st annual Christmas Eve football game; it had been a couple of years since I last played so my joints and muscles are still a bit sore. Missoula has changed. Being from Seattle now, the traffic did not bother me, but overall, I could see how Missoula does have a traffic problem for a city of its size. Overall, the city still provides a positive vibe to me. Had a "Dancing Trout" at the Iron Horse, the taste has not changed, even though the name has.

I have never been an overly creative person when it comes to giving gifts. So finding gifts for others, tends to be somewhat challenging. On the receiving end, I only wanting cards for Christmas. I always receive gifts throughout the year from those that I love and I count those towards the common "What do you want for Christmas?" question.

I am reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. This is a great book, and the first I have read by McCarthy. If you are looking for a quick read that is hard to put down, this is my recommendation. For those of you that do not know me, I do not read books. This was one that my wife had recommended to me and I have since enjoyed.

2 comments:

Montana1 said...

Glad you made back to the big, little city. Yes, the traffic has gotten a bit crazy in Missoula. I've lived here for 29 years and seen it get progressively worst. I can never figure out where all the people came from or where they're going!

Bill said...

Who showed up for the big game? Sorry I wasn't there, but should be next year!

--Bill