Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Seahawk thoughts

A few people in this area want to see Holmgren leave and not honor the last year of his contract. I disagree. I am aware that I was asking for a changing of the guard earlier in the year to break the mediocre mold. However, he did that on his own by going with his pass only offense and winning some games with it. We do have Mora waiting in the wins, but I think he will complete his contract and retire after next year. I would like to see him remain in the GM role.

I heard a rumor that the Hawks may have "renegotiation" talks with Shaun. This could be a very sticky situation to put ourselves in. I am not 100% positive this is going to happen, but I would not fault the Hawks for doing this. Since his amazing MVP run, he has done nothing. He can play the injury card, but that can only go on for so long. I would love to see Shaun step up his off-season workout plan and return to the Hawks in '08 with that inner fire burning strong.

Make Trufant your franchise player. Why was our kicker the frachise player anyway? Trufant needs to stick around, he had a great year and adds a lot of talent to our DB's.

Strengthen the defensive line in the off-season. You take away Kearney, and we have nothing.

Last Saturday. I was not even going to write about this, but here are my thoughts:
1. Green Bay already owned us prioro to the arrival of the snow. The weather did take us out of our passing game, but basically, we showed no desire to win this game.
2. Our defense was disappointing. The weather can receive some blame for slowing down our defense, but there were times I was questioning why we had players on the field.
3. The front 7 of Green Bay really know how to stop the run. Especially against a team that cannot run the ball.
4. You knew Green Bay was going to run the ball, but yet, we could not stop the run.

Onto baseball.....

1 comment:

Bluefin said...

brown bear on the attack