Friday, March 28, 2008

Baseball updates

It has been awhile since I have blogged. I don’t have a good excuse for this so I will continue on.

Baseball is upon us! Monday, the M’s open at home against the Rangers. Last night, our fantasy baseball league had its draft. So far, I a bit disappointed with my player selection. Obviously, time will tell, but we are doing head-to-head this year, so the strategy that I finally mastered last season, is different this year.

I probably won’t do any of my great baseball pick blogs, like last year. So here is an abbreviated section.

Boston reclaims the AL East, Detroit wins the central, and the Angels edge out the M’s for the West. Wildcard teams will potentially be the M’s and Indians.

In the NL, the Phillies win the East, Cubs and Brewers battle hard for the Central, with the Brewers winning that division. The Dodgers will take the West. As for wildcard potential teams, we have the Cubs, Mets and Braves.

I did a poor job of baseball research, so I lack the “players you must see” information. One player I am watching is Michael Bourn for the Astros. He has speed and will be a perennial leadoff hitter.

Back to work as the snow falls in Seattle.

No comments: