Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Don't look now, but the M's are in first!

I know this is the cactus league, and they only have 5 games under their belt; 4-0-1 and hitting the cover off the ball. Griffey makes his "debut" tonight in an exhibition game against Australia. Historically, the worst the M's did in the Cactus league, the better the regular season was for them. As encouraging as this fast start is, I am not holding my breath.

Washburn has pitched very well to date, and is on track to be a decent piece of trade bait.

It appears that we have a leader in the closer role with that going to my "favorite" pitcher Batista. I guess if this role suits him, I can learn to live with him. It sounds like we won't see Josh Fields until maybe next year in Safeco Field. Depending on where the M's sit in September, they very well could bring him up to get a prelimarily view. As to when we will see Bedards smiling face, I have not heard.

1 comment:

GoTime said...

Super Fan! haha... use our site when you are coming in from Kent, arrive early, and need to find a happy hour pre-game! www.gotime.com and www.gotime.com/mobile