Tuesday, May 05, 2009

How about that April!

The M's are leading the AL West. Who would have thought! Not only are we first in the AL West, we are also second in the AL for team ERA. I cannot tell you the last time we had a pitching staff this solid this early.

Our offense is not horrible, 14th overall 9th in the AL for AVG. This could be better, but we have won the last couple of games with small ball. I made the brutal mistake of turning off the TV when the A's look the lead in the 12th on Sunday, little did I know. Our pen held it together and our offense (Lopez, the second time in 3 games) hit the game winning single.

Beltre is still looking for his first home run of the season, and Griffey is batting below .200 but we are still on first. A good sign of teamwork is taking place, exactly what I thought would happen. I know it is May 5th and a lot of baseball still to go, but I am smiling about our team in Seattle.

No comments: