Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Twitter is overrated

I think web 2.0 has reached a saturation point with me.  I see the value in Twitter from a following standpoint, but not from a “I am going to do this” standpoint.  I “follow” a couple of state DOT sites in the West, but that is about it. 

The concept of Twitter is fabulous for the service industry.  Maybe your local DMV could Twitter the current wait time.  Bars and restaurants could Twitter upcoming specials and shows.  But when it comes to people I really don’t care.

I do the Facebook thing, but only check that once a day and on random occasions update the “what’s on my mind” portion.  I do like the wealth of information out there on FB, but I feel overwhelmed most of the time.  I also enjoy how many sites allow you to post to your FB profile with a quick click of the mouse. 

Overall, web 2.0 is nice, but I feel we are reaching the edge of the ledge.  I have no idea what the service pack 2.0.1 will bring.

No comments: