Saturday, May 09, 2009

Writer, MSFT and the new Kindle

The past few posts, I have used Live Writer, free from Microsoft.  I think Word 2007 had the ability to plug into blogger, but this program is free and is very easy to use and configure.

Microsoft has really tried to be cool lately, about 10 years behind other companies, but better late than never.  They also released the free ability to plug into Hotmail from Outlook.  This was free awhile back, then went to a pay feature and now back to free.  My guess is because no one paid for it.  Now, if iPhone could only directly hook into Hotmail directly.

I see the a larger screen Kindle has been released.  I am not sure if this is a good idea based on the fact that you can adjust your font size on the model that I have.  I have yet to find a need for a larger screen, and I am not sure the $489 price tag will help either.  I am sure if I tried one, I would fall in love it, but I really enjoy my Kindle 2. 

Now that I have turned an old work laptop into my new mobile center, I hope to update my blog on a more regular basis.  I was loosing some momentum there and have dropped my posts each of the past 2 years.  Now, if the M’s would just frickin win a game, I could write about more stuff that no one will read. 

1 comment:

Bill said...

The native PDF reader in the Kindle DX would be a nice thing to have...