Thursday, December 31, 2009

Here’s to 2010!

There has been a lot of discussion about how horrible the previous 10 years have been.  I would have to say it has been one of the more polarizing decades on the political landscape during my lifetime. 

However, this decade has been one of the more eventful ones for me in a positive way.  It all started when I had to work on 1/1/2000 for what turned out to be the biggest hyped waste in computer history.  I later met my wife and was married in 2002.  Moved twice, first to SLC then up to the great Northwest.  I think I had 5 jobs over the course of 10 years.  That does seem like a lot even considering that consumes 3 states.   

Also during the last ten years I achieved a childhood dream of owning a dog.  Of course, no one told me about the high maintenance price I would pay, just kidding. 

One of the brightest moments of the past 10 years was becoming a father.  Words cannot properly describe my joy. 

That is all.  Just wanted to say a few things on how the last 10 years has been a positive time in life with all this doom and gloom lingering around.  I do recognize the historical significance as well, and feel proud to have been around to live through every ache and pain as well as the triumphs.

So long “two thousand and”, onto the 20somethings.

No comments: