Saturday, July 03, 2010

Catching up

I know, it has been awhile.  I have not written about my thoughts on anything for some time.  As far as the Mariners go, they win more when I don’t talk about them.  Yes, I am a bit superstitious when it comes to this stuff.  I thought I would take this 0-2 slide on the road as an opportunity.

Cliff Lee, where do you begin.  He is pitching lights out right now.  Either raising his trading stock or actually trying to make the Mariners competitive.  It was nice having his around for a couple of months and getting a chance to see him pitch. Good luck, wherever you land.  I heard the bankrupt Rangers are in the market.  Seeing that money is an issue for them, if he goes to Texas, we just may get stuck holding the bill, however Texas does have a nice farm system. 

Erik Bedard is set to return this week.  He has had 2 very successful rehab starts in the minors and appears to be well on his way to a successful return from labrum surgery.  Perhaps we will see him on Friday at Safeco.

The offense continues to struggle, but appears to be doing better of late. I think we will be a decent team from here to the end of September, but the month of May and early June really put us in a large hole.

Perhaps with Bedard being healthy in his return, losing Cliff Lee will not hurt as bad.  Only 28 days until the trade deadline!

No comments: