On what was a long road trip for the Mariners, they did end on a high note. Felix became the third youngest pitcher to reach the 1,000 strikeout mark. The only pitchers younger than Hernandez, who is 24 years and 139 days old, to reach the milestone since '52 are Bert Blyleven (23 years, 121 days) and Dwight Gooden (23 years, 249 days).
The trivia question portion of this stat will always be the victim, David Ortiz.
Other great trivia victim’s:
1. Pete Rose’s record hit breaking Ty Cobb’s mark was off of Eric Show of the Padres
2. Hank Aaron’s 715 home run was off of Dodger pitcher Al Downing. Braves reliever Tom House caught the ball.
3. “The shot heard ‘round the world” was hit off of Brooklyn's Ralph Blanca at the Polo grounds.
4. Nolan Ryan’s 5,000 strikeout came at the expense of Rickey Henderson
5. The other guy in WHAM was Andrew Ridgeley.
Of course there are several more, but those are just a few. Congratulation Felix!