Thursday, August 26, 2010

18 game regular season…really?

I am not sure where the division will be on this topic.  I am a fan, and I am not for this.  I cannot imagine that players are going to be too thrilled about this as this is an obvious way for the league to cash in on even more revenue.  So, does football now go all the way up to baseball’s spring training?

For those of you that missed the announcement, here is a link.  I am sure that most fans, if you polled the nation, would be excited about 2 more games for their team.  Especially those that live for fantasy football.  I will add, I am for shortening the preseason from 4 to 2 games.  Perhaps since I am a fan of a team that seems to always be hurt, the less preseason games they have to hurt themselves, the better.  Plus, I think lowering the preseason total will force a team to form a cohesive unit a bit faster to be prepared for week 1 of the regular season.  My ideal schedule would be to have 2 preseason games and 16 regular season games. 

This is not set to begin until the start of the 2012 season.  I am sure this will be good for the league, however, I am not sure this will be good for football.

No comments: