Wednesday, October 20, 2010

We have a new manager!

Mixed results around the area, probably because we have had 5 since I have lived in the Seattle area (3 years).  Eric Wedge,even though the record may not say so, had success in Cleveland.  At least he won games and came very close to the World Series .  I am excited, but I am always excited for something like this.  I don’t think Don Wak was a bad manager, just not a good fit. 

A lot of people around here blame the front office for how bad we are.  I am not sure I necessary agree.  We had success with this same group of owners in 1995. 1997, 2000 and 2001.  We now have a GM that is trying everything he can to put together a winning team.  I feel it’s the mindset with seasons like 1995 put into the memory banks of fans that feel we should be competing every year.  I would love to see us contending every year, but that alone has its set of challenges that I do not think we are ready to tackle.  Here is to an above .500 team in 2011.  After all, it’s an odd year, we seem to do our best.

Here’s to a successful start to the hot stove league for the Mariner organization. 

No comments: