Sunday, February 06, 2011

Electric Mowers...really?

I am on the cusp of lawn maintenance change.  I am starting to be convinced by a member of my household that an electric mower is something to consider.  My old mower is a complete mess.  I have done minimal maintenance, but it seems to have reached a point where it needs to be put out of it's misery.

So, my question to my readers and perhaps my readers friends:  Should I journey down this path?  If so, what model?  I have followed the Neuton for a couple years now with great interest.  I know that most major hardware stores carry an electric model that is fairly lost cost.  Those seem to have mixed reviews about longevity.

There has also been the idea of grabbing a push mower.  You know, those old metal ones with about 4 lines of twisted metal to do the cutting.  I like manual labor, sometimes, but this method might be too "green" for what I would like to accomplish.

So, there it is, a request from my loyal following for feedback.  If you, or you know someone, that uses an electric mower, please let me know how that is working out.

No comments: