Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kindle: Year 2

It has been 2 years since the second generation Kindle has graced me with its presence.  I must say, I am not sure what I would do on work trips without this handy device.  I give the device all the credit for my interest in reading.  Apparently, I was never into the "old school" method of reading words on paper, but rather liquid paper.  Under my own admission, I have read more books in the last 2 years than in high school and college...combined.  If that is not a sad picture of my education, I am not sure what is.  I am sure that could explain the usual lack of filler words or the occasion dyslexic wording on my blog.  Better yet, the general lack of proper grammar and tense.  (Or, too much caffeine in ones diet could be to blame.)

Just complete the two of the three books in the "The Girl who..." series.  I am always open to a good suspense novel.  I have a couple of reference books on the device and do pose a challenge.  In the case of reference material, I would like to...well...easily reference something.  Providing highlights and virtual dog ears are a nice way to do this, however, the feeling of "I read something about that right around here..." is missing.  Of course, that may also depend on the reference that you choose to read.

One that already has considerable issues with clutter based upon my rather numerous, and now nearly worthless, sports card collection, the lack of physical material is awesome.  I have ready many books over the two years and the space on my bookshelf has not changed.  I bet all you "Twilight" readers would kill for this reading medium.

Here is to the start of a successful year 3!

No comments: