Monday, March 14, 2011

Baseball!

It has been awhile since my last post. That is about the 15th time I have started a blog with that line.

Pitchers and catchers have long since reported and we are rapidly approaching opening day.  The Mariner season is starting off with zero expectations. In fact, they have barely been a topic of conversation on sports talk, at least when I have tuned in.  Last year, we occupied some air time, even with March Madness.  I feel a lot of people got burned by having high hopes to only lose 100 games.

Bedard is coming along nicely in camp.  He is setting himself up to be a nice 1-2 punch with Felix assuming he remains healthy. Michael Pineda does appear primed for a June call up, if not then September.  Regardless, he will see the majors this season.  Entering a season where we are not expected to do anything takes the pressure off promoting players ahead of their timetable.

If time permits, I will make some attempt to complete my predictions for the upcoming season.  Right now, I need to finalize my fantasy baseball draft strategy.

 

No comments: